The Tiger Bugs are a stronger variant of the Warrior Bugs. As the name suggests, they have tiger-like stripes. They are much more aggressive and have chitinous armor plates, rendering it completely immune from weapons with poor piercing capabilities, such as the Morita IV Assault Rifle. The Morita Assault Rifle however, can pierce through their armors, making it an ideal weapon against them.
The Tigers have two variants, the Spit and the Shard.
- Tiger Spit
- The Tiger Spit still has a physical shape similar to Tiger Bugs except for the lower jaw, which lacks a hook that the former two bugs have, and their glowing green color. The Tiger Spit attacks with its front legs, mandibles, and raptorial legs; most often, this bug attacks at a distance by spiting acid at its enemies, which is what it was bred for.
- Tiger Shard
- The Tiger Shard has roughly the same physical shape as Tigers, but the Tiger Shard has maroon, yellow, and blue markings along with many spines on its body. Tiger Shards can attack with their front legs, mandibles, and raptorial legs, but like the Tiger Spit, this bug often attacks at a distance, though it is easily provoked into a charge. Unlike the Tiger Spit the Tiger Shard fires darts of solidified plasma instead of acid, usually only firing these at close distance.
- Starship Troopers (video game)
- Starship Troopers: The Miniatures Game (Warrior Bug models can be painted and used as Tiger Bugs stated in the painting guide and Arachnid Empire Rulebook)
- Starship Troopers: The Roleplaying Game