Category by franchise Edit
I'd suggest we should use franchise category to categorize entries from the same source, similar to "Category: Characters in film name".
- Each page should be also categorized by franchise. This allows the page to be found in lists of other articles from the same source. This is how a wiki should do. --TX55TALK 01:14, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- No. Only the categories must have the franchise categories.
- See StarCraft Wiki. They don't do that things like here.
- See the category Planets.
- See the franchise category StarCraft.
- Also, the types of weapons musn't have the franchise category Weapons in,,,. Only the class of weapons (ex. M2A 5-2, a flamethrower).
- Redentor10 (talk) 03:33, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Then I can say No, too.
- Take a look on other wikis
- See Weapons on TFwiki
- See Locations on TFwiki
- See Franchise category on TFwiki
- See Franchise category on Terminator Wiki
- See Castlevania Wiki
- As for types of weapons, some pages are simply about the type, okay, no other categories for them; however, some page are not only about the weapon type, but also about the weapon. --TX55TALK 03:43, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
It's funny because you work on that wikis. I really don't have problems to put (for ex.) the category Weapons in ST3 in M2A 5-2.
- Yes, I work there, so what? It is not an issue. All I do is just help the wiki. --TX55TALK 04:02, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
I like the idea of franchise division but would like to know where we draw the line here. Like even though there are distinct movies, they seem to be part of a continuous storyline. While the movies are more distinct than a given episode of Roughnecks:STC, STC does have storyline arcs which could be viewed as similarly significant (probably about the same length as a movie per arc eh?) although I expect the cast across arcs is more consistent than those across the movies simply because of the lower death toll. +Yc 06:55, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
Category:OVA universe deleted Dec 26. Very confused, can we restore? The summary seems right. I think we should wait until a sub is renamed before deleting the existing hierarchy. Or should I put the things showing up there now under Category:OVA instead? +Yc 07:12, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- In my opinion, either we restore the category "OVA universe", or we renamed it into something like "Category:Starship Troopers (1988)" or "Category:Starship Troopers (OVA)". --TX55TALK 07:33, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
Bot task request Edit
I like to request User:T-680, my Bot account, to be tagged as a BOT, since there are several things, such as replacing words (when it comes to clean up redirected templates or unused redirect) need much monotone efforts and may filled the Special:RecentChanges with lots of minor edit. --TX55TALK 01:58, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
Character category Edit
I notice that some categroy was moved from "Characters in fiction title" to "Fiction title characters". I like to know if it is decided. If it is, I can have the Bot to finished the task, so there won't be any missing page nor scatterd. Ps. the Fiction title need to be complete instead of abbreviation, not only it is used in Wikipedia, but also to prevent any potential Starship Trooper fiction in future which may share the same abbreviation with the old titles. --TX55TALK 15:03, December 11, 2015 (UTC)