|Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry"|
|Developer||Spectre Media LLC|
|Platform(s)||Apple iOS devices|
|Release Date||November 13, 2012|
Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry" is an action game for Apple iOS devices, distributed through the App Store. Developed by Spectre Media LLC, and serves as the prequel to the film Starship Troopers: Invasion. The game was released November 13, 2012.
The story begins during the time before the events of the film with the player controlling a rookie soldier for the Mobile Infantry assigned to the K-12 squad on a mission to protect humanity from the Arachnid forces.
The initial release saw negative reviews from at least two sources, including Chris Reed of SlideToPlay.com, and Torbjorn Kamblad of TouchGen.net. The writers cite poor graphics and animations, unresponsive controls, and repetitive, difficult gameplay as reasons for their negative reviews.
Trevor Sheridan of AppleNApps.com gave a more positive review, generally praising the graphics and gameplay. He did, however, also note that gameplay becomes repetitive, and the lack of checkpoint saving.
All three of these reviews note gameplay similarities between Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry" and two other iOS games, Temple Run, and Epoch.
Spectre Media called for fan feedback following the game's initial release, resulting in updates (v1.1, v1.2) which address some of the early criticism of the gameplay.
Starship Troopers referencesEdit
- Starship Troopers novel
- The Worker is introduced.
- The Plasma Warrior Bug is a reference to the novel version of Warrior, which can use energy weapon.
- ↑ Starship Troopers: Invasion Mobile Infantry Review at Slide To Play
- ↑ Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry" review | TouchGen
- ↑ Starship Troopers: Invasion “Mobile Infantry” Review – We Got Bugs! | iPhone App/Game Reviews, iPad App/Game Reviews, Apple, Mac, iOS, and App News At AppleNApps