|What the hell kind of bug is that?|
The Plasma Grenadier Bug is a downsized version of the giant Plasma Bug with close combat ability and used for distance attacks against the enemies. It is somewhat large, but it is able to move around somewhat quickly.
Plasma Grenadier Bugs provided much needed artillery for the Queen Bug during the Battle of Fort Casey. Many Plasma Grenadier Bugs guarded vital areas of the asteroid from the K-12 Team and also guarded their main underground hive during mid-battle. Many also delayed the player when hunting for the Super Tank Bug.
The Bug was later deployed on the John A. Warden. The Bug was mostly seen to be guarding the Queen, but it would also go out to do combat when needed to.
- The design is inspired by several different insects including the beetle, grub, mantis, and pill-bug.
- Its head is located on the bottom of the body as the Plasma discharger is on the top.
- In the game Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry", Plasma Grenadiers do much combat against the player and must be defeated, so the player can finish the level played.
- Since the game Starship Troopers: Invasion - "Mobile Infantry" is canonical, Henry Varro, Ratzass, and Bugspray most likely did not encounter the Plasma Grenadiers as they were shocked to see them onboard the John A. Warden.
- In the level "Asteroid Surface", two Plasma Grenadier Bugs are seen guarding the Super Tank Bug. However, when finishing the level, only Warrior Bugs are seen guarding the Super Tank Bug. It is unknown why this happens.
| Plasma Weaponry