|Morita MK III|
|Type||Assault Rifle/ Grenade Launcher|
|Introduced||Early in Second Bug War|
|Users||United Citizen Federation|
|Wars||Second Bug War|
The Morita III Assault Rifle is the the standard Mobile Infantry rifle in use during time in Starship Troopers 3: Marauder. Morita III's are made up of an assault rifle and a grenade launcher combined in one compact package. They replaced the older Morita II Assault Rifle and E-pulse 44 Rifles in all known combat theaters. Though a bit bulky due to its size and shape, the weapon is nevertheless a deadly and effective weapon in the hands of a skilled trooper.
- Operation = Rotating breech electronic pulse action
- Caliber = 10mm x 50 caseless
- Cyclic = 900rpm
- Capacity = 95 - 99 rds
- Max Range = 1500m.
- Operation = Gas operated, electronic primed
- Caliber = 30mm x 71 grenade
- Cyclic = 15 rpm
- Capacity = 4 x 1 rds
- Max Range = 180m.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- The Morita III rifle props are built around the Vektor R4/R5 series of rifles; the South African version of the Israeli Galil ARM rifles (both the R4 and the Galil are based on the Kalashnikov AK-47 automatic rifle). Casings are ejected rather obviously from the rifles when they're fired, but whether this was intentional or not is unknown.
- Judging by the description, the Morita operates similarly to the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens - electric pulse-ignited caseless 10 mm assault rifle with a max capacity of 99 rounds with an underslung 30 mm launcher. The only differences are that the M41A features a manual action for the launcher and a shorter (10x24 mm) cartridge.