Battle of Fort CaseyEdit
Federal Intelligence Bugs were deployed during the Battle of Fort Casey.
John A. Warden IncidentEdit
After John A. Warden crash-landed on Earth, when Henry Varro was heading to the chamber where the Queen was, he was faced by a bunch of Warrior Bugs. Suddenly, several Warrior Bugs appeared from his behind and attacked the Warrior Bugs coming toward him. Those Bugs were controlled by Carl Jenkins. Jenkins revealed that those Bugs were "Federal Intelligence Bugs", his secret research on John A. Warden.
Jenkins and Varro then went to Queen's chamber along with the remaining Federal Intelligence Bugs. However, the Queen Bug used Daugherty's body in an attempt to negotiate for Jenkins' life and letting Hero live. Hero told the Queen to "fuck off" and a battle ensued between the FIBs and regular Bugs. The battle was rather brief as the FIBs were able to easily fight off the Warriors, but the Plasma Grenadiers gained the upper hand and blasted several FIBs to pieces. Within seconds, every FIB was killed while only Hero and Jenkins were left. Jenkins said if he could finish the research, he would be able to use more Federal Intelligence Bugs. Varro told Jenkins to escape, so the project could be finished.
- So far, there are only Warrior Bugs and Worker Bugs being used as Federal Intelligence Bugs.
- It seems a Federal Intelligence Bug is mind-controlled by a psychic, just like how Carl Jenkins did to his pet in the first film.
- It is assumed a Federal Intelligence Bug is brainwashed before being put into a battle.
- Each Federal Intelligence Bug has FIB painted on its body.
- In the game Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry", the player is equipped with a Morita-like weapon to transform three Worker Bugs into Federal Intelligence Bugs to help the player at the Battle of Fort Casey.
- In the movie, Plasma Grenadier Bugs can easily take out FIBs with several blasts where in the game, FIBs can easily take down Plasma Grenadier Bugs with several slashes. These features were probably added to make the game and FIBs more co-op friendly.
- Though FIBs were present at Fort Casey, Henry Varro and his squad were not aided by Federal Bugs as he was shocked to see them protect him from a Warrior Bug horde during the John A. Warden Incident
- X-Bug - Genetically modified Warrior Bug used against the Arachnids.