Bombardier Bugs are first seen on Roku San before its defeat by the Arachnids. Before the Bugs attack the Military assistance base on the Planet, Bombardier Bugs were launched over the Base's electric fences into the trenches to cause fear and panic amongst the Troopers stationed there. During the assault on the base Bombardier bugs were fired on positions of Troopers before Warrior bugs swarmed them, so as to cause panic and try to rout them. It is pretty much a living grenade. The explosion is big enough to send objects flying towards their targets as seen in Starship Troopers 3: Marauder.
- Bug Type : High Explosive, Grenade Type
- Size : 4 - 6"/10 - 15 cm
- Countermeasures : Run, Duck and Cover
Would You Like to Know More?Edit
- The Bombardier is likely based on the real-life pill bug, which shares its general appearance and ability to roll into a ball.
- This is also the only explosive bug and the smallest bug in all three movies.
- The Bombardier appears to be replaced with the Chaser Bug, an exploding insect in the game Starship Troopers: Invasion "Mobile Infantry", and seems to serve the same function by chasing the player's character until detonating, taking out a large portion of the player's life force.